WILLIAMSBURG, Ky. - Union College ended Saturday with a 3-0 win at University of the Cumberlands (Ky.) after a 3-1 loss to Indiana University Southeast earlier in the day. The win made history for the Lady Bulldog program as well.
The split on the day moved Union's record to 20-10. For the third-straight season, the Lady Bulldogs have 20 or more wins, marking the first time in program history this has happened.
In the Cumberlands' match, Union used scores of 25-10, 30-28 and 25-15 for the win.
Brooke Vinovich (Somerset, Ky.) recorded her tenth double-double of the season with a dozen kills and 12 digs.
Stephanie Pateman (Weyburn, Canada) added 11 kills. Autumn Combs (Florence, Ky.) provided nine blocks, one away from her season high.
Monica Moreland (Louisville, Ky.) was credited with 31 assists with 15 digs. Christina Prindle (Florence, Ky.) also recorded 15 digs.
Suzannah Behnken (Tempe, Ariz.) served a season-best three aces.
Union dropped the first two sets to Indiana Southeast 26-24 and 25-19 before winning the third set 26-24. However, the fourth went to Indiana Southeast 25-19 for the match.
Moreland recorded a season-best 47 assists. It was the fourth time this season she has recorded 40 or more assists.
Vinovich led the Lady Bulldogs with 15 kills while Pateman added 14 kills. Combs accounted for 10 kills with four blocks.
Prindle was credited with 22 digs. Amelia Cantrell (Georgetown, Ky.) provided three blocks.
Union travels to Shawnee State (Ohio) University for a pair of matches Saturday. First for Union is a noon contest with Ohio Christian University and then a 2 p.m. match against Shawnee State.
Lady Bulldog Notes
- Union lost the other meeting to Indiana Southeast, 3-1, on Oct. 18 at Campbellsville (Ky.) University.
- In the first match against Cumberlands, Union won 3-1 in Robsion Arena on Sept. 2.
- Pateman surpassed the 300-kill mark on the season.
- Moreland's previous season best of 44 assists occurred twice and one was against Indiana Southeast.
- Union's record on neutral courts this year went to 4-4.
- In three-set matches in 2008, the Lady Bulldogs are 13-2.