BARBOURVILLE, Ky. - Senior Amber Taylor joined an exclusive club in hitting two more milestones as Union notched a 95-83 victory over visiting Lindenwood Belleville (Ill.) on Sunday.
With the win, the Bulldogs improve to 19-8 overall. The Lady Lynx are now 18-9 on the year.
Taylor recorded her team-leading fourth double-double of the season with 11 assists and 10 rebounds. She nearly had her first career triple double as she had nine points.
With her assists and rebounds, Taylor became the fifth player to amass 400 assists and the 17th to grab 400 rebounds in a career. She now is fourth all-time in assists with 406 and 17th in rebounds with 402. In addition, Taylor is the second player in program history to compile 1,000 points, 400 rebounds and 400 assists in a career. She joins Andrea (Whitehead) Hillard who finished her career with 1,308 points, 567 rebounds and 654 assists.
Taylor's favorite target was Lydia Nash, who led a trio of Bulldogs in double figures with 26 points. Freshman Reagan King came off the bench and established a new career high with 19 points, and Alyson Roberts knocked in 17 points to go with six rebounds.
Play was tight early on, but a 10-0 run opened up a 27-15 cushion for Union with 10:18 left in the half. King capped the rally with a 3-pointer and a layup. With 1:56 left in the period, King drained another trey to give the Bulldogs their largest lead at 44-27 as they went on to take a 46-32 advantage into the break.
Lindenwood Belleville would not back down, and three times get the margin under 10 points in the second half. However, the Lady Lynx only got as close as 73-65 as Union collected the 95-83 victory.
For Lindenwood Belleville, Shelby Kohrman led the way with 25 points, while Diamond Burt registered a double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Kimberly Munoz helped out with 12 points off the bench.
By the Numbers
- Taylor now has 169 assists on the year, ranking third most in program history. She need 25 to tie Hillard's record of 194.
- Nash hit 11-of-12 shots and is now shooting 61.7 percent for the season.
- Union outrebounded Lindenwood Belleville 47-42, marking only the eighth time this season Union has outrebouned its opponenent.
- The Lady Lynx hit 10 3-pointers to the Bulldogs' nine, making this only the seventh time an opponent hit more treys in a game.
- Taylor also had three blocks and three steals. With the three blocks, she is now second on the team with seven. Haley Perkins leads with 27 blocks.
Union will play its final home regular-season game on Wednesday when Bryan (Tenn.) comes to town for a key Appalachian Athletic Conference contest. Tipoff is set for 5:30 p.m.