Head Coach - 3rd Season
Alma Mater: Anderson University, 2008
- Joel Childs enters his third season as the Union's head cross country and track & field coach, taking over the position in July of 2013.
- In his first two seasons; Childs has coached eight AAC individual champions, 56 AAC All-Conference athletes, seven AAC All-Academic Team members, two AAC Champions of Character, four AAC Men’s Field Athletes of the week, three AAC Women’s Track Athletes of the Week and three AAC Women’s Field Athletes of the Week.
- Prior to Union, Childs spent four years as an assistant at Huntington (Ind.) University. During his time there, the cross country program won two conference titles, had 12 all-conference runners, and two individuals and two teams qualify for the NAIA National Championship Meet. The Huntington track team had one NAIA national qualifier and seven all-conference honorees. Childs coached a total of 58 top-10 times while at Huntington.
- A 2008 graduate of Anderson (Ind.) University, Childs has both USTAF Level One and Level Two certification. The level two certification is with a focus on sprints, hurdles and relays. Most recently, he completed work to receive USTFCCCA Jumps Specialist certification.
- As a student-athlete at Anderson, Childs was a four-year member of the cross country and track & field teams. The cross country teams twice qualified for the NCAA Division III national championships.
- Childs is married, and his wife's name is Brittany.
Assistant Coach - 4th Season
Alma Mater: Cedarville University, 2011
- Chad Gwinn joined the Union College athletic department in March of 2013 as an assistant coach for the cross country and track & field programs.
- Gwinn came to Union off a stint at his alma mater Tecumseh High School in New Carlisle, Ohio where he served as an assistant for both the football and track & field programs since 2009.
- With the track & field team, Gwinn was the throwing coach, along with serving as the programs strength coordinator. With the football program, he was the varsity assistant offensive line coach, and served as the program's freshman head coach, as well.
- Gwinn earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in 2011 from Cedarville (Ohio) in Comprehensive Bible. He resides in Barbourville.
Assistant Coach - 1st Season
Alma Mater: Anderson University, 2010
- Dan Malloy enters his first season as an assistant coach for the cross country and track & field programs.
- Malloy comes to Union after serving as assistant coach for the boys cross country and track & field teams at Anderson High School in Anderson, Ind., since 2012. While at Anderson, Malloy also served as a Special Ed. Intense Interventions Teacher.
- He previously served as an assistant coach for cross country and track & field at his alma mater Anderson University (Ind.) from 2011-2012.
- A 2010 graduate of Anderson, Malloy has both USTAF Level One and Level Two certification. The level two certification is with a focus on sprints, hurdles and relays.
- As a student-athlete at Anderson, Malloy was a four-year member of the cross country and track & field teams. He led his cross country team to the NCAA Division III National Championships in 2007. He was named team captain during his senior season (2009-2010).
- Malloy graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Writing from Anderson in 2010.
Student Assistant - 1st Season
Manager - 2nd Season
Manager - 2nd Season
Kenneth Cauley Jr.
Manager - 1st Season