Second Year with the Bulldogs
As a Sophomore (2012-13):
- Was inserted into the Bulldogs’ lineup in the second half of the season and immediately contributed.
- Played in 10 games, starting eight at center.
- Averaged 18.1 points a game and 9.9 rebounds a game. Also blocked 11 shots.
- Shot 64 percent from the field on the year (76-of-119).
- Scored in double-digits in nine of the 10 games he played in, going over the 20-point barrier six times.
- Recorded seven double-doubles.
- Had highs in points and rebounds in his regular season debut, scoring 25 points and snatching 13 rebounds at Reinhardt on Jan. 3.
- Scored 24 points twice - Jan. 5 vs. Montreat (N.C.) and Feb. 9 vs. Cincinnati-Clermont - leading Union to victories in both games.
- Was the AAC’s Player of the Week for the period ending Feb. 18 after leading Union to conference wins over Point (Ga.) and Bryan (Tenn.).
- In Point game (Feb. 13), Johnson made game-tying layup at the end of regulation, and broke a tie in double overtime with a jumper, pacing Union to an 82-75 double OT win.